This week’s Tuesday’s Tip ties in nicely with the main topic of the week “Bank Holiday Decluttering”.
If you do decide to sell your decluttered and unwanted items at a Car Boot Sale, it is a good idea to do a little bit of research beforehand. Find out about suitable Car Boot Sales in your area. You’ll want to know:
- Where is the exact location of the Car Boot Sale
- When can you enter the site for set-up
- What are the opening times
- What are the fees per car
- Whether you need to pre-book a
- Whether there is any catering on site or whether you need to bring a flask/some nibbles etc.
- Whether there are toilets on-site
A little bit of research beforehand will save you from unpleasant surprises on the day. Check out Car Boot Junction online to start you off. It’s an extensive directory for Car Boot Sales across the country.
Also beware: the first thing that happens when you set up is that your car will be surrounded by the Pros, people who are professional dealers at these events and make their living this way. They will try and buy anything of value off you at rock bottom prices so that they can sell them at their stand for a profit. Therefore make sure you know how much your prized possessions are actually worth and how much you are willing to let them go for.