According to the Content Marketing Institute, content marketing is “a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.”
Content marketing comes in a wide variety of flavours, including Social Media, email newsletter, podcasts, web content and many more. But at the heart of it all is blogging – it provides you with consistent, content-rich updates for your website. This means stellar SEO benefits for your website and sought after, regular updates for your audience.
How to make your blog posts work hard within content marketing
Your blog articles can then be re-purposed, fueling all your other content marketing streams. Here are some ideas:
- Take quotes from your blog posts and share them across your social media channels.
- Talk about your blog post in video and fill your YouTube channel.
- Create an “infographic” and share it on Pinterest.
- Record your blog post in audio form and launch a podcast.
- Use your blog posts to inform your email marketing.
- Create the beginnings of a sales funnel with downloadable content upgrades.
Focusing your content strategy around blogging gives you the perfect way to “sow once” and keep harvesting repeatedly. You don’t need to spend time and create brand new ideas for every piece of content marketing you produce. Use what you have, make the most of your time and energy and re-purpose.
Over to you
This is just one of the strategies I teach my clients in my business blogging training sessions. Check out my Business Blogging Training page or my About page if you’d like more background information.
In the meantime, I would like to invite you to download my free 10 Step Guide to create your business blog to get you started.