Are you one of those people who gets side-tracked easily? Then this week’s blog post is for you. As you can imagine, writing a blog post is not the only step you need to do to get a blog post onto your website. I’ve created a blogging checklist for you that you can print out and stick somewhere, so you can always see it when you’re blogging. Then you can simply follow the checklist, making sure you’re not forgetting any important bits.
So here are all the steps that are needed so that your blog post is successfully up and running on your website:
- Writing (don’t forget your call to action!)
- Creating an attention grabbing headline
- Search Engine Optimisation with your chosen keyword
- Final proof reading
- Creating a blog graphic
- Uploading (text and blog graphic)
- Add an “Alt tag” to your image (the bit of text that appears when the image can’t load)
- Decide on a category (what’s the broad topic)
- Add a few tags (what words and phrases are important, a bit like an index)
- Create snippet (the bit that appears in search results)
- Share on social media
- Add to your newsletter
For the printable version, click on the picture below and this will take you to your full-size blogging checklist. Then right-click the large image and select “Save image as …” from the pop-up menu. You can then save it to your computer or device and print it out.
Over to you
If this is all a bit too much for your liking, why not get in touch and we can talk about outsourcing your blog writing to Well Organised Marketing. We only ever work with one organisation per industry, so there’s never any conflict of interest and you always get original content tailor-made for your business. Simply get in touch to see how we can help. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org .