Did you know you that can grow your floristry business through blogging? Creating content for your website has amazing potential, as it not only drives potential customers to your site shortly after you’ve posted an article, but also for months and even years to come. And the best part? You don’t have to do a thing.
You’ll have to write the blog posts in the first place, of course, then ideally give them an initial push on social media. After that, your blog posts will appear in search engines for as long as your website is running – good news, right?
Why should you have a blog for your business?
You have a lot of opportunities to create interesting and useful content due to your business being very visual. You can make yourself the go-to source of information for your target audience by providing tips and information about your products and services. Whether you specialise in wedding bouquets or funerary flowers, celebratory bouquets or corporate flower deliveries, there are so many reasons why blogging can work for your business. Here’s a quick overview:
- Blogging is SEO (search engine optimisation) gold as you provide regular, useful content filled with targeted keywords.
- Through improved SEO and social sharing you drive more traffic to your business website.
- You start to create a following for your website with repeat visitors increasing their trust with your expert knowledge.
- Through all that, your flower shop can become a leader in the floral industry.
10 Topic ideas for your florist blog
Here are 10 ideas if you would like to get into blogging for florists and don’t know where to start.
- Ways to display flowers, different containers, etc.
- Bridal bouquet ideas (for instance suitable flowers for autumn or winter weddings).
- Flower of the month.
- Unusual flower facts.
- Flower meanings/colour meanings.
- Flower care (make your flowers last longer).
- Ideas for corporate clients (office flowers, reception flowers, gifts for employees or clients, etc).
- Seasonal flower arrangements.
- Flower shows.
- Flower and … gift ideas (wine, chocolate, cuddly toys, or more unusual ideas).
This is, of course, only scratching the surface. I’m sure once you put your mind to it, you can come up with a lot more.
Blogging for Florists – how to do it right
- Keep your blog on your website. If you don’t have a website yet, create one with blogging functionality. WordPress is a great platform as it’s really user friendly.
- Stick to a schedule. Decide how often you want to/have time to post and keep to that. It helps your reputation regarding reliability. I recommend an absolute minimum of twice a month, once a week is a good number for most businesses.
- You don’t need to be an accomplished writer, just sound natural as if you’re talking to a friend.
- Make sure your titles are inviting; they’re what make people click through to the article and read on.
- Add images to make your blog posts more interesting. Flowers make perfect pictures!
- Share your blog posts on social media, in particular Pinterest to show off your flower creations. This will start the traffic flowing.
Over to you
As you can see, blogging for florists is not rocket science. All it takes is good will and dedication. And it can really help to put your business on the map.
If you need any help with this, I provide blogging training for business owners who don’t know where to start with their blogging journey. I give you the confidence to write regular, easy-to-share posts to grow your business and overcome any technical issues you might have. If you would like to find out more, please visit my About Page.
Please share this article on social media if you got value from it. Thank you. 😊