One of the great advantages of blogging is that it helps you reach expert status in the eyes of your readers. And experts not only know what’s going on in their industry right now, they also have insight into what’s up and coming. They know about trends. Here are some ideas how you can use your knowledge about industry trends in your blogging.
10 Ideas for industry trend themed blog posts
- What’s hot/what’s not list
- Things we’d like to see in the xyz industry in the New Year
- Advantages/disadvantages of current trends
- The future of xyz industry – Predictions for the New Year
- Trends in the xyz industry that need to stop
- The most important xyz trends of the past year
- XYZ Trends we don’t want to live without
- How these xyz trends changed the abc industry
- Top 3 / Top 10 trends
- Year in Review: xyz trends we couldn’t ignore
As you can see there are many ways you can approach the subject of industry trends. You can write about upcoming trends, past trends, trends that changed things or trends we hope will go away. You can create lists with short descriptions or write in longer form. There is really no hard and fast rule about any of this.
Just make sure that you do your research, don’t make things up. The exception is of course if you talk about trends you wish were coming to pass. Then you can let your imagination run wild.
Over to you
As this blog post is coming out at the end of 2016, think about your industry. Which trends have shaped your industry this year and what are you looking forward to in 2017? This could be your first blog post for the New Year. You could put a link in the comments below to share it. 🙂
And if you have any questions about blogging about your particular industry trends, please leave them in the comments.